30 Days of Night Movie  » Movies  »
  • Yesterday, I bought the movie '30 Days of Night'
  • So I decided I'd wait until it was out on DVD and buy it
  • I like thrillers that are on a psychological level and this one did not get that deep, but it did have some moments where I could 'feel' the nervousness of the characters as they hid from the nasty beastly vampires who were systematically killing the entire town
  • I am glad that I didn't see it at the movies, though, I'd have been a little pissed that I paid $10 a person for it

• by J.R. Lewis

Yesterday, I bought the movie ‘30 Days of Night’. I had wanted to see it since it came out in the theaters but hadn’t because I wasn’t sure it’d be worth it. So I decided I’d wait until it was out on DVD and buy it.

I like Josh Harnett. He’s a real cutie and I liked several of the other movies he’s been in. I hoped that because he was in it, it’d be worth watching.

I was happy with his performance. He was good. I didn’t know any of the other actors or actresses in

the movie, but they did okay.

Unlike so many other Vampire movies, this one did not make the vampires romantic. They were portrayed as scary, mean, and cruel. They were ruthless.

The whole plot line is that in the middle of Alaska, somewhere that’s an 80 mile walk to other cities, with no driveable roads, somehow a vampire clan arrives just as the 30 day of darkness comes.

It’s a real hack and slash flick. A bloody fest of gore and guts! I like that on occasion. This movie filled the bill.

After seeing many other vampire ...

• movies, I expected that this one would made from the same cookie cutter mold. It wasn’t so I was surprised and happy about it.

It wasn’t exactly a deep movie, but for a horror flick, it did okay. I like thrillers that are on a psychological level and this one did not get that deep, but it did have some moments where I could ‘feel’ the nervousness of the characters as they hid from the nasty beastly vampires who were systematically killing the entire town.

I watched it with two of my three teenagered kids.

They enjoyed it better than I did. Maybe it’s an age thing? lol

Either way, it was worth the reduced price I paid for it. I am glad that I didn’t see it at the movies, though, I’d have been a little pissed that I paid $10 a person for it.

Josh Harnett and a unique take on vampires made it worth the $15 I paid to get it.

Rent it or buy it previewed or on sale, if you like horror flicks. This one really is a new twist on things. It’s worth watching because of that!

30 Days of Night Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11303309340531/k2311a033/3.3.08