Gentle Leader Headcollar  » Pets  »
  • He was a stray, along with 4 other puppies, that I found on the side of the road
  • The best I found was called the Gentle Leader

• by mbowie

I have a 94 pound dog. He is great. His name is Jr. He was a stray, along with 4 other puppies, that I found on the side of the road. Thankfully, all the puppies got homes.

We kept Jr. because he would let our young daughter do anything to him and he just loved the attention. Little did we know how big he would get. He looks like a mix of lab and doberman or rottweiler.

So, he is very strong. I

have always used regular collars with my dogs. They were either the regular buckled collars or the kind that would tighten if the dog pulled too much. I liked the one that would tighten, but was made out of nylon.

It was very gentle on the dogs. Of course, I never had a 94 pound dog before either. One day while taking Jr. to Petsmart, he pulled me so hard that I fell and he pulled me under the back of a parked car.

That was ...

• scary. He is a lover but, he is strong.

I looked around at different ways to keep him from pulling so hard. The best I found was called the Gentle Leader.

It is a headcollar. It fits on the dog’s head and has a loop, for the leash to hook up to, under the dog’s muzzle. It works very well. I was so happy because, I really didn’t want to get the collars that have the prongs that poke into the dogs neck or anything like that.

If he tries to pull while wearing the Gentle Leader his head turns to the side. Jr. doesn’t mind wearing it either. He just wants to go for a walk.

The only down side is that, to some people, it looked like he was wearing a muzzle to keep him from biting. He is so big that people would get scared of him. In some cases, that isn’t bad. I do feel much safer walking with Jr.

The Gentle Leader headcollar is a great product.

Gentle Leader Headcollar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29303309130431/k2311a033/3.3.08