Amoxicillin
  • I am very happy they didn't hurt her bad though

• by mbowie

My daughter recently had an ear infection in both ears. There is a bad cold going around and it hit us pretty hard. My daughter said her ears were cloudy and hurt every once in awhile. I went ahead and took her to the doctor, even though they didn’t seem to bother her too much. I am very thankful we went. Both ears were infected.

I was actually surprised. I am very happy they didn’t hurt her bad though. My doctor prescribed amoxicillin.

Amoxicillin is an antibiotic that is in the same group as penicillin. To my amazement, my daughter was so excited to get the amoxicillin. She loves the taste of it. It is the only medicine that she just goes nuts for. She has to take it ...

• in liquid form twice a day. She makes sure I don’t forget. My daughter has, thankfully, not had too many ear infections. Every time she did have ear infections, she has been given Amoxicillin. It was worked wonderfully. We have had no problems with this medicine at all. My daughter has had no bad side effects. The only down side, is how much she
        likes it. I make sure to remind her that this is a medicine and not candy. I really have to reinforce medicine safety with her, which is not a bad thing.

Amoxicillin has been pretty inexpensive for us too. Our insurance covers most of the cost. We have only a small copay for this medicine. Amoxicillin works great and is easy to administer to my daughter.

Amoxicillin
    angel says :

if erythromycin is helpful in cough and fever? if yes…what is the action of erythromycin in cough and in case of fever? plz answer me seperately relating both cough and fever.

Galega says :

Erythromycin is a very high antibiotic. Generally, it is not considered the first line of antibiotic for cough and fever. If the case is quite tricky, and the infection is deep down the throat, only when Erythromycin is prescribed.

In any case, Erythromycin should be taken only on the advise of a physician.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26303309020431/k2311a033/3.3.08