International Star Registry  » Gifts  »
  • Now, I know darn good and well that it may never be recognized by astronomers as 'my' star, but I love the idea anyway

• by Lynn

Lately one of the newest Valentine’s Day crazes is not necessarily to get roses, but to name a star after your loved one! That’s right, a star. My fiance did an incredibly sweet thing for me and contacted the International Star Registry to have a star named after me. Now, I know darn good and well that it may never be recognized by astronomers as ‘my’ star, but I love the idea anyway.

It took them a little while to get the

package to my fiance, but it was well worth it. It comes with the coordinates for your star, as well as a beautiful certificate that certifies your star. You can also have your name engraved on different items with the coordinates of your star; my fiance chose to get the Christmas ornament with my name engraved on it, it turned out to be a beautiful piece.

What I liked about it is that it goes by astrology; for example I’m a Tarus ...

• so my star is near the Tarus constellation.

You can choose to have the certificates framed or not; mine weren’t framed because he chose to spend the money on an ornament, which I would have preferred. The certificates are a little larger than normal so it might take a little looking to find a frame, but they are beautifully done so it is well worth it.

I have to admit this is one of the sweetest things that anyone I’ve dated has done

for me, so look into it! It is also a good idea if you want to find a way to remember a loved one who has passed. The place online to google is called International Star Registry. Look them up; you won’t be disappointed! Packages range greatly in price depending on what you want with it; it can be anywhere between 50 and 100 dollars.

Definitly look into this for you significant other, it is a sweet, unusual gift that will last a lifetime.

International Star Registry

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 46303308890431/k2311a033/3.3.08