Sun Cellular  » Cellular services  »
  • While as of the moment, network congestion seems to be a perennial problem for Sun Cellular users, it is my strong hope that this will be addressed as the company continues to gain a larger chunk of the market

• by Thadz

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

As its CEO put it, it was a product that many thought would not gain a market share in a Philippine cellular services industry monopolized by two telecommunications giants Smart Communications Inc. and Globe.

But Sun Cellular had something to offer Smart and Globe didn’t have: unlimited free calls within its network.

Because of that, Sun Cellular was able to gain a significant share of the market.

I personally own

a Sun Cellular SIM card, although I do have a Smart SIM card as well.

I have been a loyal Smart Subscriber ever since I started owning a cellular/mobile phone.

During the early part of Sun Cellular’s market intrusion, I didn’t even bother to take a look at what it had to offer because I felt I already have all that I needed with my existing network.

But later as ...

• Sun Cellular’s services started to get noticed, I reconsidered and gave it a try.

Buying a Sun Cellular SIM card was probably one of the financially-sound decisions I have made lately as it has enabled me to save a lot on mobile messaging as well as give me the opportunity to call from within my network minus the worrisome per-minute or per-second charges.

While as of the moment, network congestion

seems to be a perennial problem for Sun Cellular users, it is my strong hope that this will be addressed as the company continues to gain a larger chunk of the market.

Sun Cellular must keep up with its growing number of subscribers and must carefully study the demands of consumers who have patronized their brand.

Sun Cellular
    morris says :

I don`t have signal on my cellphone. I used different cellulars but I still don`t have any signal. This is the 2nd day I`m experiencing this. What had happened?

Marianne says :

I think my Sun Cellular sim has a problem. I don`t get any signal for two days now. I used different cellphones for my sim, but it still does not pick up signal. I use other Suncellular sims on my phone, and they pick up signal. I`ve been using the same sim for over a year now, and this is the first time it has happened. What happened? What will i do?

john says :

have anyone encountered sim crash ? i cannot access my sim anymore. what to do?

Thadz replies :

I experienced the same problem before and the advice I got was to buy a new sim which I did because apparently the old sim was damaged

MEV says :

Hi Morris,

Maybe Sun Cellular signal cant reach your place. Usually, the signal of Sun is low or no coverage at all when your in a province. Signal may vary from place to place. Or Sun signal is down at the moment. There are alot of factors, Sim maybe broken. Try to use other phone.

raymond says :

I just want to ask if what IN Engineer stands for?

Thadz replies :

could be some network engineer dude, but im not too sure

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22103308500331/k2311a031/3.1.08