Tiger Airways  » Airlines  »
0.5
  • I have a really bad experience when my family and I board Tiger Airways for the first time
  • On that night that we board the plane, the ground crew after checking our passports went ahead to issue the boarding pass to us
  • And then, another air steward came and told me that they will off load us if we do not agree to change seats
  • Yes, I know the flight much cheaper than airlines such as Silkair and Singapore airlines but still, they should not provide such cheap service to us

• by Seek

I have a really bad experience when my family and I board Tiger Airways for the first time. I booked the flight online and and my flight is bound from Shenzhen, China to Singapore.

Firstly, I made several attempts to go online to book and encountered failure on the Tiger Airways website. Perhaps the website was faulty that day and I tried the next day to make the booking and it was alright.

However, there are several problems with the website. It is not fool-proof. When I tried to click on the link to check on the conditions for the seat reservation, the window failed to open. There is a technical error. Thus, I booked the emergency seats

for myself, my son who is two and a half years at that time and my aunty. So I went ahead to pay extra money for the seats with extra leg-room so that my aunty and my son can sit more comfortably.

On that night that we board the plane, the ground crew after checking our passports went ahead to issue the boarding pass to us. I mean, the ground crew should reject our confirmed seat booked through the website and issue us another seat at the bassinet area as the bassinet seats leg room is the same as the emergency exit seats leg room. Very sad to say that the ground crew staff is not at all attentive.

When we were seated at our seats, one of the air stewardess came and told us to change all of our seats as young children are not allowed to sit there. But hey, we paid for all our seats. I got really put off with the way she spoke as she did it with a poor attitude and she did not explain properly. Then the next air stewardess came and explained in a more tactful manner. However, no explanation is given to me about the monetary refund if I am to sit in the smaller leg room seats. The extra leg room seats costs much more you see.

And then, another air steward came and told me that they will off load ...

• Tiger Airways
      us if we do not agree to change seats. He also said that we are delaying the whole flight. How can they threaten their customers? Yes, I know the flight much cheaper than airlines such as Silkair and Singapore airlines but still, they should not provide such cheap service to us. With regards to the flight delay, the air steward is simply too much. The plane landed late at the Bao An Airport in Shenzhen. By right, we should take off at 11.15pm but the passengers only start to board the flight at about 11.30pm as all the passengers only got off the plane (from Singapore to Shenzhen) at around 11.20pm. It’s the plane that’s late in
      arriving to the airport and the air steward can actually put the blame on the passengers. True, there is some ding dong here and there but the rest of the passengers are also boarding the flight at the same time. So how can the air steward said that we are delaying the whole flight? Anyway, the plane took off around 11.55pm.

Finally they managed to provide a satisfactory solution for me with regards to the seating arrangement.

Tiger Airways should designed their website to be fool-proof so that passengers with young kids should be disallowed automatically to book the emergency exit seats online. All in all, I’m extremely unsatisfied with Tiger Airways because of their poor service and attitude.

Tiger Airways
HARSHAL says :

How to check the plane timing in indian hours for plane from singapore. the confirmation number is QWH5BV date of journey is 23rd june 2009.We w`ld like to knw the timing for return journey, when the plane will reach at chennai airport?

Marg says :

FYI, You’ll have to get this info from your itinerary. You can go here to retrieve your itinerary:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 402802307650629/k2311a0228/2.28.08