Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice
  • I picked up some broiled chicken from the local grocery store deli the other day and, not wanting to spend a great deal of time making some side dishes to go with it, I decided to give Uncle Ben's Ready Rice a try
  • It was a bit salty but the variety I bought had some vegetables mixed in so, overall, it was better than some of the other rice products out there

• by Steve

I picked up some broiled chicken from the local grocery store deli the other day and, not wanting to spend a great deal of time making some side dishes to go with it, I decided to give Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice a try.

My opinion of the product is a bit mixed.

First, it was definitely easy

to make. All you have to do is pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds. There’s no other preparation needed. In fact, you don’t even need to open the bag first. I like that in a food product.

Taste-wise, it also wasn’t too bad. It was a bit salty but the variety I bought ...

• had some vegetables mixed in so, overall, it was better than some of the other rice products out there; including Rice-a-Roni.

The one negative I had about the Ready Rice relates to quantity. Since it was on sale, I bought two bags of it; thinking I could save the other bag for a later date. Turns

out we needed both bags. One bag was barely enough for one person and my wife and I had planned on sharing. So, if you are buying this, you’re going to want to buy a bag for every adult that will be eating. If there’s more than a couple, you’ll probably want to look at other products.

Uncle Ben's Ready Rice

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272702306700829/k2311a0227/2.27.08