Medium series  » TV  »
  • Miguel Sandoval plays the DA and plays it well, unfortunately he's not in the series at the present, but I'm hoping he gets written back in

• by loulou

This award winning show is based on the real life cases of Alison Dubois (a successful medium), having read her books I was eager to see how her life would translate in television land. Patricia Arquette plays the part of Alison Dubois really well and I’m glad that they haven’t attempted to “glam” her up as she looks like a normal “housewife” in the series. Jake Weber plays Alison’s scientist husband who really struggles between his scientific beliefs and what he witnesses first hand with Alison’s dreams.

I really

like Detective Lee Scanlon, played by David Cubitt, he really didn’t want anything to do with Alison and mediums in general right at the beginning. When Alison was brought into his sister’s murder and she ‘knew’ that his sister was pregnant the look on his face was really good.

Miguel Sandoval plays the DA and plays it well, unfortunately he’s not in the series at the present, but I’m hoping he gets written back in.

Alison Dubois has three daughters and the three actresses that portray them do a fantastic job.

• The interaction between them is very sisterly. I must say I do have a favorite and it’s the middle daughter Bridgette played by Maria Lark.

We have met Alison’s brother and mother who both have the “gift” although chose not to believe. All three of Alison’s daughters have some form of the “gift”, although on the show we have only seen Ariel and Bridgette displaying their “talents”. I am looking forward to seeing how Marie manifests hers. The show is really

good at portraying the different approaches that Alison and Joe have to the girls “gift”.

This is a show I really try not to miss. The supernatural aspect of it really intrigues me an the dialogue makes it quite an amusing drama. The writers are fantastic, I remember in one episode Alison says, “I just had a weird dream” and Joe replies, “of course you did, it’s a day ending in Y.” With one-liners like that, crime and suspense it’s a series to mark down in your planner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 102702306600829/k2311a0227/2.27.08