Jane Eyre Movie 1970  » Movies  »
  • I bought my copy because of the great George Scott
  • However, quite a few other things have left me disappointed
  • She is clearly older than 18, and definitely not plain, as we all know Jane Eyre is supposed to be

• by Lorianna
      This is an older and lesser known version of Jane Eyre starring George C. Scott as Mr. Rochester and Susannah York as Jane.

The movie was made in 1970. I bought my copy because of the great George Scott: the moment I

heard there’s a “Jane Eyre” movie with him, I *had* to see it.

I knew he would make an excellent Mr. Rochester, and I was right.

However, quite a few other things have left me disappointed. Susannah York does not fly as ...

• Jane.

She is clearly older than 18, and definitely not plain, as we all know Jane Eyre is supposed to be. I was also surprised, and annoyed, to see St.

John Rivers transformed into a brunette. Couldn’t they find any blond actors?

His description was clear enough in the book, and I see no reason to deviate from it.

I am at a difficulty to rate this movie. I liked George Scott; I didn’t like the rest.

I guess I’ll give it 6 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11140130650331/k2311a0114/1.14.06