Across the Universe Movie
  • Every time a new song was sung, and this being a musical it was often, I thought about how much I wanted the soundtrack to this movie
  • There is so much to see in this movie that I believe it is one of those that you should watch more than once to get the full affect
  • I highly recommend the movie Across the Universe

• by M. Kaye Hash

The husband and I recently watched the movie “Across the Universe”. I had been looking forward to it for quite awhile since I am a big Beatles fan.

We were not disapointed and I was pleased to see my husband get so into a musical.

Previews of the movie showed many scenes that seemed somewhat “trippy” and I had

wondered going in if it was going to be a movie about drugs.

It is a movie about the Vietnam War era and about the struggles people faced at that time so there were a few scenes involving drugs but these were definately a relative part of the story and not just thrown in.

The singing in Across the Universe ...

• is phenomenal.

The songs are, of course, excellent because they are Beatles songs, but the actors in this movie do a great job of redoing such wonderful songs.

Every time a new song was sung, and this being a musical it was often, I thought about how much I wanted the soundtrack to this movie.

You cannot speak about

Across the Universe without talking about the wonderfully done special effects.

The scene where the brother is put throught his health exam by the army is so much fun.

There is so much to see in this movie that I believe it is one of those that you should watch more than once to get the full affect.

I highly recommend the movie Across the Universe.

Across the Universe Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112702306250729/k2311a0227/2.27.08