Ninety Proof bar Austin TX  » Restaurants  »
Austin TX
  • I have attended only in groups of several couples, and I think that going to an establishment like a nightclub in a group of couples is probably sure to be a good time

• by LuckyGrl

Ninety Proof is a downtown bar that is one of those places you can go and have a quiet evening after work. I have found Ninety Proof to be a fairly good place to go, but this bar is certainly not one of my favorites.

I have attended only in groups of several couples, and I think that going to an

establishment like a nightclub in a group of couples is probably sure to be a good time.

Ninety Proof caters to a more upscale kind of clientele, and it is not your typical noisy, college group of kids type of downtown Austin bar.

The decor is sleek and rather posh, with quiet lighting and lots of places to just sit and ...

• have room.

Wait staff are nice and very helpful.

I do not know if Ninety Proof would be as much fun without the group that we went with.

I am afraid that I would be rather bored and less entertained going with one friend or for a business outing.

There was something lacking in the atmosphere, although by first glance you

would not know it.

There just is the lack of Austin type character that you would find at other Austin born establishments or even the Austin chain establishments that have been around for years.

Ninety Proof is a nice place to go, and I will go again if we can attend with other couples, but I would never go just because.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72602305550629/k2311a0226/2.26.08