Red Cap Chick Austin TX
Austin, Texas
  • I love the name that this establishment was given, and the food is just as hip as the name
  • Red Cap Chick serves a surprisingly simple yet amazing menu, because you have fried chicken, catfish and that is a typical Southern menu, right
  • What I like is that I can take the family out for some fried chicken, and while they eat the conventional, American type of fried chicken, I can eat an ethnic version of the same thing that is out of this world

• by LuckyGrl

A cool little haunt of mine is Red Cap Chick, a funky little restaurant on the edges of downtown, South Congress area of Austin. I love the name that this establishment was given, and the food is just as hip as the name.

Red Cap Chick serves a surprisingly simple yet amazing menu, because you have fried chicken, catfish and that is a typical Southern menu, right? Yes but you are

also tempted to try the Yang Nyum, which is a Korean type fried chicken.

I have eaten foods from all over the world, but the Yang Nyum was something that I had not tried.

That is the excitement and fun, for me, to tasting new dishes and foods.

I love it when I discover a food that is simply delicious, and I love turning other people on to my finds! Do ...

• not get me wrong, however.

People go to Red Cap Chick for more than the Yang Nyum.

When you go to Red Cap Chick, you will find tables of happy customers eating the delicate yet flavorful fried catfish along with coleslaw and beans.

You will also see plates of different fried chicken pieces with their respective side dishes.

Everyone in Red Cap Chick is just so darn happy.

What I like

is that I can take the family out for some fried chicken, and while they eat the conventional, American type of fried chicken, I can eat an ethnic version of the same thing that is out of this world! Red Cap Chick is a clean, orderly restaurant that is very kind to her patrons and very popular in this part of town.

As you probably expect, dress is very casual and prices are affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72602305450629/k2311a0226/2.26.08