Schlotzsky’s Angus Roast Beef & Cheese sandwich  » Food  »
  • At any rate, I decided to order another of these
  • But I noticed after I took a bite, that the flavor was a bit bland
  • I think that over a period of time, especially if the franchise has changed hands frequently, something happened to the quality

• by Famous

Many years ago, I fell in love with Schlotzsky’s Roast Beef and cheese sandwiches. I used to love them not only for the wonderful tasty sourdough bread, but because their “special sauce” was so tangy. At any rate, I decided to order another of these.

It had been quite a while since I’d had one. I went to my local store and ordered one without mayonnaise or tomato (the

way I always have).

The sandwich was huge and filled with wonderful roast beef. But I noticed after I took a bite, that the flavor was a bit bland.

And for some reason, I couldn’t taste the sauce that was advertised. In fact, when I looked at the sandwich, it appeared that they had left off the red onions that are supposed to accompany this sandwich.

The ...

• sandwich was very cheesy and had the requisite number of pickles. But had I not had some chips, my lunch would have tasted extremely bland.

I think that over a period of time, especially if the franchise has changed hands frequently, something happened to the quality. The roast beef even tastes a little different.

It’s still quality beef. But it seems as if it’s been cooked a bit differently.

It’s almost as if it’s “diet beef” because it doesn’t have the taste it used to have. It’s a shame that the quality of these sandwiches is going downhill.

I spoke with someone who used to eat at Schlotzsky’s all the time, and she claims that her favorite sandwich doesn’t taste the same either. It’s almost as if they’ve started skimping on the ingredients that make their foods taste so good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272602305330629/k2311a0226/2.26.08