Adderal XR  » Medicine  »
  • I noticed that when it started to work, I was able to sit still and do my work
  • Unfortunately, this became the norm and others understood

• by Cheryl Myers

Adderal XR is known to be a membership medication. What is that? It is a medication that is complex and many users or family members of users find hard to understand and grasp the quality and functions of this medication. However, for those few who understand how Adderal XR works and why it is working the way it does, they succeed in combating the illness. Here is why.

Adderal XR is a time release capsule that is prescribed for ADD/ADHD. The first time I tried this medication, it began to work in about two or three hours. The regular Adderal that is not XR usually works a lot sooner, maybe in an hour or so. This medication will “kick” in and you

will feel the medication working. Most medications are moderate and have results without feeling a “kick”. I noticed that when it started to work, I was able to sit still and do my work. There was calamity when distracted and there was so much ambition to succeed with getting things done. This “kick” is perceived by some to be “drugged” when in fact, it is not. It is only a physical and mental response to a medication that is helping to reduce hyperactivity and lack of attention span.

By the time the medication wears off, there are mood swings and emotions seem to be sensitive. I usually take Adderal XR around 8 am and got moody around 4 or 5pm everyday ...

• as the medication wore off. It was best to take a small dose of Xanax sometimes because the moods were upsetting. I began hyper activity and impatience in the evening and I would ask to be left alone in the evenings because the moods made me cry or be a little nasty to loved ones. By the time I took it the next day and Adderal kicked in, I would really feel bad about the evening before. Another words, my sensitivities seemed to improve with this and I was able to feel sorry for being grouchy the evening before. Unfortunately, this became the norm and others understood. However, this could be perceived- by others who don’t understand this type of medication
        or the illness- to be “drugged” when in fact that is slang and incorrect as well.

I had an improvement with the quality of my life. I had a focused attention span, patience, and good overall emotional health.

If anyone wants to try this medication, know that it is safe, helpful, and unique. That’s why some refer to Adderal as a “membership medication” because it takes a wise and/or understanding person to accept the stigma of the “kick” and the reaction to it wearing off or “coming down.” Adderal XR users are not “drugged” but medicated in a responsible way that helps the quality of life with those who suffer the irritable illness.

I give this drug a 9 because it is almost perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262602304950529/k2311a0226/2.26.08