Simple 1-2-3 One Dish Cookbook  » Recipes  »
  • I enjoy cooking, but really like simple recipes
  • Like I said, I like it for simple recipes with simple ingredients

• by myotherair

I enjoy cooking, but really like simple recipes. I don’t have a lot of time or money for complex meals, yet I get sick of the same old thing. A family member got me Simple 1-2-3 One Dish Cookbook as a gift and I have found it to be full of fun recipes. It is published by Publications International, Ltd, Favorite Brand Name Recipes.

The cookbook contains recipes for

beef, chicken, meatless meals, turkey, pork, fish, and sides. There are over 150 recipes, all pretty simple and with good variety. The book has a picture with every recipe and even pictures of some of the ingredients. It uses a lot of brand names, so instead of just say use chicken rice mix, it will say use Rice-a-Roni Chicken Rice. This is actually quite helpful when shopping for ingredients.

• It leaves no question about what exactly is called for and how much. The ingredient lists are usually around 5-10 things and the directions generally only require about 3-5 steps. Like I said, I like it for simple recipes with simple ingredients.

Of the dishes I have made out of Simple 1-2-3 One Dish, they have all been very good. I like to add my own touch and that is

easy to do with these recipes while still having them come out tasting great. The book contains a lot of casserole types dishes, so if that is not your thing, then maybe you should try a different book. But other than that it has given lots of inspiration to cook and be in the kitchen with confidence. Recipes are easily adapted to make more if you are having a bigger crowd.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492502303840629/k2311a0225/2.25.08