2007 Nissan Altima  » Cars  »
  • I think the Nissan Altima is an attractive car
  • Maybe I am old fashioned, but I like to have a key
  • This car definitely has some guts when you hit the gas

• by amandafishy

I think the Nissan Altima is an attractive car. To me Nissan did a nice job of giving the vehicle an updated look. The design reminds me of the real more expensive sort of car. As I stand back and look at the car, it kind of reminds me of how the rear end of the Chevy Monte Carlo is built. It looks like a power car in the rear end. The rest of the car looks like your average family vehicle very conservative.

The interior of the car is kind of plain. It kind of reminds me of the things Dodge used to do. Plain Jane and boxy, and

not much to speak of. When I climb into the car I feel like I am sitting on the floor. My husband said it was like crawling into a casket. Ugh what an analogy! Because of this I find myself adjusting the seat so I can see over the steering wheel without stretching my neck out like a chicken. But, the seats are OK , but don’t have a great deal of support. The headrests are high, so if you need to turn your head around to check if someone is coming in another lane, it is downright difficult. The steering wheel control is just clumbsy too. Both the ...

• tilt and telescope are on one control and I really don’t like it. The roominess to stretch your legs just isn’t there either. I don’t’ sit in the back seats so I don’t have any idea how comfortable they are.

Honestly, the controls have a junky feel to them, they feel like something on a toy car. Then there is the thing with the key and the ignition there is none!!!! You push a button to start the car. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I like to have a key. What happens if your battery goes dead and you need to get in the car or even get into the trunk?

There isn’t much storage. I like to have storage and there is next to nothing in the car.

This car definitely has some guts when you hit the gas. It does not have a smooth move out though. It kind of feels like you are actually shifting through gears like a manual transmission. Also, this car is really, really noisy with road noise and windows leaking air and squeaks somewhere in the dash. That is just completely annoying! It also rides kind of stiff. You can feel every bump and movement of the road.

It still isn’t a cheap car. At $23,000 base price I would expect a lot more car.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 92502303820629/k2311a0225/2.25.08