Calvin College Grand Rapids MI  » Education  »
3201 Burton SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546
  • They also ended up offering the most scholarship money to me so I got to go to the college at the top of my list with the best price
  • The student body is diverse and, in my opinion, a great group of people sharing a love of education and God
  • I don't think I had any super easy classes, but I like to be challenged, so that was fine with me
  • I think it is a fantastic school and well worth the cost

• by myotherair

As a Christian graduating from high school, I really wanted to go to a Christian college. I wanted a great education as well as a way to grow in faith. I looked at a lot of Christian colleges, mainly in Michigan, some in other states and applied and toured several. Calvin College in Grand Rapids was one of those colleges.

As soon as I entered the campus, I felt at home. I had a great time at my overnight tour. My host student was fun and answered a lot

of questions. I liked the staff and faculty that I met. And, Calvin sent a lot of brochures that really seemed to capture my heart. They also ended up offering the most scholarship money to me so I got to go to the college at the top of my list with the best price.

After spending four wonderful years at Calvin, I can still say it was home for me. Calvin is a Christian school, but they don’t force it on the students. As a freshman, you have to take a class about the Christian Reformed Church (which is Calvin’s religious affiliation), but besides that they don’t make you learn their doctrine. The student body is diverse and, in my opinion, a great group of people sharing a love of education and God.

The curriculum is challenging. Since it is a liberal arts college, they do require a lot of “core” classes; a little something in just about every subject. I don’t think I had any super easy classes, but I like to be challenged, so that was fine ...

• Calvin College Grand Rapids MI
      with me. The professors are fantastic. They work hard at making sure you learn and helping you look at the material with a Christian perspective. All the professors were very welcoming and glad to help.

Calvin offers a chapel service everyday, but doesn’t require that you go. Each day of the week is a slightly different style of service, so you can pick which days are for you. The dorm life was a lot of fun and created a close group of people to live with. Calvin also has

apartments on campus for a slightly more independent style of living, but still with that Calvin Community atmosphere.

I could go on and on about my time at Calvin, but this is the quicker summary. I loved Calvin. I think it prepared me for life. I am now in graduate school (Optometry) and felt very prepared for the challenges that brought. I also think Calvin helped me find myself and develop who I am as a person and as a Christian. I think it is a fantastic school and well worth the cost.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502502303750629/k2311a0225/2.25.08