Monarch of the Seas Cruiseline  » Cruises/Ferries  »
San Diego, California
  • This was our first cruise, and I can truly say it was a wonderful experience
  • I also recommend eating the later dinner at the restaurant since many of the activities are still going on when the first dinner is served

• by Island Girl

My husband and I took a Monarch of the Seas Cruise a couple years ago as our honeymoon retreat. We wanted something that would be romantic and away from family so that we could have time to ourselves.

This was our first cruise, and I can truly say it was a wonderful experience. The destinations included San Diego, Catalina Island, and Ensenada Mexico.

Everything was extremely clean and organized. The staff was phenomenal as well. This cruise line

portrayed excellent customer service and the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home.

What I felt was so wonderful was that as soon as we left the room, the cruise line would hurry in and clean it right away. Every time we came into our room, we always had that “clean” feeling.

There were many activities to do on and off the ship that kept us very busy. It was great how we ...

• received a schedule of the upcoming events slipped under our door every night. Also, the entertainment was great in the theater they had. We saw a dating show, the footloose play, and played bingo. All I can say is that there was never a bored moment on the ship.

The food was great with many options to choose from. The cruise line had a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There was also the option of

eating dinner at the cruise restaurant. My husband and I preferred eating dinner at the restaurant where we felt it was more intimate than eating at the buffet. We also felt the food was better quality as well. I also recommend eating the later dinner at the restaurant since many of the activities are still going on when the first dinner is served.

This was definitely a honeymoon to remember and I completely recommend this cruise line to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42502303740629/k2311a0225/2.25.08