St Aloysius College  » Education  »
Mangalore, India
  • I have enjoyed my college life in Aloysius
  • But I am disappointed to say that the computer system is hopeless
  • I myself had taken computer studies as one of my subjects and I must admit that I found it very difficult to work on these computers

• by Vinod

St Aloysius college is located in Mangalore. I have been a student there for three years. I have enjoyed my college life in Aloysius. Aloysius college is run by Jesuit priests. The college is 127 years old. The college offers Pre-university courses and Bachelor degree courses in arts, commerce and science.

It also offers post-graduation in computer applications and business administration. There is a library and a reference section in which wide variety of books are available. There is also a computer laboratory. The college auditorium is very large. Everything is efficient in this college.

There are good and friendly lecturers. They are always ready to help you

if you have any doubt. But I am disappointed to say that the computer system is hopeless. There are seventy-five computers in the lab out of which fifteen are not working. When they are repaired by the authorities, another ten get spoilt and are ready for repair.

How should the students work when the computer system is so bad? I myself had taken computer studies as one of my subjects and I must admit that I found it very difficult to work on these computers. Moreover, the computer lecturers behave like snobs. They are not ready to help you at all. We are told to take the print-outs ...

• of the assignments, but there are only 8 printers out of which 2 are not working. So you can imagine so many students working on 6 printers.

But with great difficulty, we managed to take out the print-outs. Sometimes we had to reach at 8 in the morning in order to take the print-outs. There are many activities in the college. To name a few, there are N. C.

C, N. S. S, debating club, music club etc. I have always felt at home in the college, especially the campus. There are three large trees in the campus.

To sit under the shade of these trees is really a pleasure. I have

loved everything in this college except the computer lab. Few students come from other parts of India. They stay in the college hostel. Very few students are from foreign countries.

There were 4 students from Tibet and 1 student from South Africa in our class. As far as my opinion is concerned, the college is a very good college. But you have to think twice before you opt for computer studies. The college is excellent if you are interested in extra-curricular activities. There are camps which are conducted by the college.

This is an ideal college, but because of the hopeless and inefficient computer system, I will rate only 7 points out of ten.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502502303660629/k2311a0225/2.25.08