Dr. Atkin’s Diet  » Health  »
  • I don't have much of the experience to say with surety that Atkins will help one lose weight and stay thin, but I would want to let potential dieters know that induction isn't so bad
  • I know success stories, and I know that this can only be a short-term solution

• by reviewress

It’s been over thirty years since the sensation that is the Atkins’ diet began. It’s still the most controversial weight loss program to date - vegetarians and mainstream health organizations decry it’s high-fat, low-carb, meat-consuming prescription for obesity. For the most part, testimonies don’t lie, numbers of the low-carb followers are out to dispel the myth of the dangerous long-term effects of low-carbing.

I’m not one of them (at least, not yet). I DO need to lose weight,

and have been on Atkins for over a week. So far, my journey in the program seems promising.

As those familiar with the diet know, I am in induction, one of four phases described by the late doctor (the others include OWL, pre-maintenance, and maintenance).

I don’t have much of the experience to say with surety that Atkins will help one lose weight and stay thin, but I would want to let potential dieters know that induction isn’t ...

• so bad.

Yes, one can only eat less than 20 grams of carbs during induction. Yes, there isn’t a lot of variety in the allowed list, but I figured that a break from adventure (i.e. sugary and junk food) was worth it. I needed a little predictability to keep me going. The more I realize that there’re limits to what I can eat, the less I eat over all. The best part? Having to wake up 12 lbs.

slimmer without feeling hungry or deprived.

I can see myself eating low-carb for life, believe it or not. Maybe I’m still in the excited stage and will “get over it,” but now I have no doubt that this will work for me. However, I understand that this diet is not for everyone. I know success stories, and I know that this can only be a short-term solution. It is worth a shot if want to lose weight.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342502303550629/k2311a0225/2.25.08