Inside Out (R, 2005) movie  » Movies  »
  • Although I enjoyed the movie to some extent, I can see why it went straight to DVD

• by Famous

I am not a huge fan of Eriq LaSalle’s. But when I saw that he took a directorial turn in “Crazy as Hell”, I realized that he had some sort of depth. I mention this film because in it Eriq also stars as a crazy, and mysterious patient.

He gives off this creepy air in that film, and takes on that same persona in “Inside Out. ” In

watching this movie, I felt that it had a very low budget aura.

And there were some things that didn’t really seem to add up. For instance, do people really take such grand interest in the movements of the neighbors who live next to them.

In this film, Eriq apparently disturbs his neighbors with his movements. And subsequently, there is a call to follow him to see what ...

• he’s up to.

As Dr. Peoples, LaSalle “romances” Nia Peeples and injects a little sexual tension into the plot.

But because Nia doesn’t really evoke strong acting ability, this part of the story was a little bland for my taste. There are several twists and turns in the movie.

For instance (SPOILER ALERT!) Maria’s (Nia Peeples) husband suspects the Doctor of having an affair with his wife. But

she’s actually having a lesbian affair with one of the other neighbors.

While these twists and the ultimate storyline are pretty good, and the film enjoyable, I felt that the presentation could have used work. The set design looks very homemade.

The acting is just subpar for so many talented people to be in the movie. Although I enjoyed the movie to some extent, I can see why it went straight to DVD.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112302302290829/k2311a0223/2.23.08