Apocalypto  » Movies  »
  • I thought this was a completely awesome movie

• by Joshua

Mel Gibson really had his work cut out for him if he was to top the popularity of the Passion of the Christ. Of course, everyone in the world knew how that story went. Jesus is God’s son, he was born, he’s crucified and killed.

A story that Gibson worked on that not everyone

knew was the story of the Mayan civilization. The movie Apocalypto follows a group of small villagers as they’re kidnapped by the Mayan’s in order to be sacrificed.

I thought this was a completely awesome movie. And in true to Gibson fashion, it was also sub titled to give you a more correct sense of historic value.

The only part I didn’t like about this movie was the length. Only running past two hours, I thought this movie had the potential to be an absolute epic.

Out of all the villagers kidnapped in order to please the God’s, only one manages to escape. He is the everyman ...

• Apocalypto
      sort of villager who helped to save his family once this village was initially invaded.

He puts them down into a well or sorts and rushes back to them once he escapes. Trouble obviously ensues and the man is forced to use some Bruce Willis type tactics in order to return home safely.

I loved

this movie and thought it was very cryptic and convincing. Though I’ve never seen the majority of the actors before, I thought they did a tremendous job on the big screen.

I was convinced that I was right in the middle of the Mayan civilization and that I was running to safety right along with the main character.

Apocalypto

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112202302091229/k2311a0222/2.22.08