El Greco Greek Taverna Austin TX  » Restaurants  »
Austin, Texas
  • Like many people, I started eating Greek food by trying a gyros and from there, was so taken with the culture and delicious flavors of the Greek tradition, I had to sample more
  • I love it when a restaurant serves everyone

• by LuckyGrl

El Greco Greek Taverna is a nice little restaurant by campus, The University of Texas. El Greco Greek Taverna is really good Greek food - if you love gyros and want to try more of this wonderful food, you need to pop by this restaurant.

Like many people, I started eating Greek food by trying

a gyros and from there, was so taken with the culture and delicious flavors of the Greek tradition, I had to sample more.

El Greco Greek Taverna offers that to Austinites at reasonable prices.

A family owns and operates this taverna, and they really care that their customers are happy and their palates are satisfied.

...

• You are offered a wide selection on the menu such as gyros, lamb plates, lasagna, vegetables, Greek beer and more.

I really am fond of the gyros, so that is my mainstay when I frequent El Greco Greek Taverna.

If you are a bit squeamish about delving too far into Greek food, or if you

love Greek food but go with a friend or family member who does not want to try Greek food, there are some other dishes that they can eat.

I love it when a restaurant serves everyone! Be sure to have the Baklava…this is so yummy with its flaky, to die for crust and filling of nuts and sugar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72202302051229/k2311a0222/2.22.08