Ghostrider  » Movies  »
  • Okay, maybe not that many, but he definitely puts out like two per year
  • Though most people I know didn't agree with my assessment of this film in that it was very good and wasn't another silly remake of superman, I still watched it like three times and told them to watch reruns or something if they didn't like it
  • I like Cage and I like the roles he takes
  • Typical save the world story but I think Cage pulls off this character well

• by Joshua

Nicholas Cage seems to make like ten movies a year. Okay, maybe not that many, but he definitely puts out like two per year.

Three years ago he came out with Lord of War and The Weatherman back to back.

I liked Lord of War but not so much the Weatherman.

Last year he came out with Ghostrider, this movie I actually liked pretty

well.

Though most people I know didn’t agree with my assessment of this film in that it was very good and wasn’t another silly remake of superman, I still watched it like three times and told them to watch reruns or something if they didn’t like it.

I like Cage and I like the roles he takes.

He’s not like Depp with completely out ...

• of the loop, off the grid performances, but Cage doesn’t necessarily play the picture perfect leading man either.

Ghostrider is about a kid, Johnny Blaze, who sells his soul to the devil for his father to live and be free of cancer.

The devil tricks Blaze and takes his cancer, but kills him in a motorcyle accident.

Blaze then runs away from his girlfriend

and begins riding stunt bikes professionally, becoming the most famous in the world.

As the movie progresses, Blaze becomes the devil’s new Ghostrider and is promised his soul back if he can disban the devil’s son who has gathered together some pretty nasty demons that plan to take the earth over.

Typical save the world story but I think Cage pulls off this character well.

Ghostrider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112202301961229/k2311a0222/2.22.08