The Warriors  » Movies  »
  • And everyone who has seen it can agree on one thing, it's good
  • But it's definitely an epic that can't be ignored
  • I think this is more a movie for the older generation to watch and feel nostalgiac now, but I liked it when I was a kid and I'm sure most kids would like it

• by Joshua

Even if you’ve never the Warriors, I’m sure you remember this line. “Warriors, come out and play. ” Right? WIth the guy clinking the bottles together.

I love it! It’s based in a near future new york where gangs have taken over. Though based in the future, it’s not quite as violent as other futuristic epic movies and the acting is quite good.

I liked watching this when I was

young. I couldn’t really understand any of it, but the all around ambiance of the film just took me to a place I loved to go at that age.

It’s like I was escaping and becoming part of that place and time in New York. This movie truly became an instant classic.

And everyone who has seen it can agree on one thing, it’s good. Some may not think ...

• it’s brilliant or deserves to be up there with the top movies ever, and maybe for good reason.

But it’s definitely an epic that can’t be ignored. There have been similar movies since and even a movie that it somewhat based on a true story about the gangs of New York entitled, Gangs of New York with Leo DeCaprio, but this movie stands alone for its time and still

is very popular today.

I think this is more a movie for the older generation to watch and feel nostalgiac now, but I liked it when I was a kid and I’m sure most kids would like it. I’m not sure if it’s right for your particular kids, you may want to shelter them from all things violent until they’re thirty five, who knows.

But it’s a great piece of movie making nonetheless.

The Warriors

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112202301781229/k2311a0222/2.22.08