VCA Veterinary Hospital Berlin MD  » Pets  »
Berlin, MD 21811
  • The VCA Veterinary Hospital in Berlin, MD provides by far the best veterinary service of any animal hospital that I have been to
  • I was impressed by the facility as soon as I arrived
  • I was extremely nervous when I took my dog to be nuetered, but the VCA made the experience as non-stressful as it could have possibly been
  • Although not extremely expensive, the VCA is definitely a little pricier than other veterinarians in this area
  • I would highly recommend the VCA Veterinary Hospital for anyone living in the area or visiting Ocean City in the summer and in need of an excellent veterinary facility

• by Wileme01

The VCA Veterinary Hospital in Berlin, MD provides by far the best veterinary service of any animal hospital that I have been to. This particular VCA is located about 5 miles outside of the popular summer resort, Ocean City, MD on Old Berlin Road. I have a boxer puppy who is now 8 months old. When I first got him, at 6 weeks, I took him to the VCA for his puppy check-up and the beginning of his puppy shots.

I was impressed by the facility as soon as I arrived. The building itself is pretty small, but I was excited to see that there is a small yard attached off of the side of the building with a gate so that clients have a place for their dogs to do their “business”. The inside of the building is extremely clean,

which must be hard to maintain considering animals are constantly going in and out.

There are a variety of products sold in the store, which are neatly organized in the waiting room. The products are not, however, pushed on you in any way. The receptionists and veterinary technicians who work at the VCA are extremely nice as well.

In fact, after a few visits they would address my dog by his name as he came in the door. All of the receptionists and technicians who I have come in contact with seem to truly love animals, which is very important considering they will be taking care of your pet at times. My experiences have all been excellent at the VCA.

The day before your pet’s appoitment, you will receive a call from either the receptionist or one of the veterinary ...

• technicians to confirm the appointment. Also, after every appointment, the veterinarian personally calls the next day to check-up on your pet. It is these small, yet extremely memorable, touches that sets the VCA Veterinary Hospital apart from other veterinary hospitals.

I was extremely nervous when I took my dog to be nuetered, but the VCA made the experience as non-stressful as it could have possibly been. I dropped him off around 8 am and by noon I had a voicemail informing me that he had had his surgery and had done very well and was resting. The voicemail also informed me that I could feel free to call and check on him at any time until the office closed until the evening.

I called to check up on him around 5 o’clock and the technician was very considerate, putting me on

hold to go and check on him, and then assuring me that he was doing very well. When I picked him up the following morning, I was impressed by how unfazed he seemed by his stay at the VCA. The only downfall to the VCA is the high price.

Although not extremely expensive, the VCA is definitely a little pricier than other veterinarians in this area. For instance, when I was taking my dog in for his puppy shots every 2-3 weeks it would usually cost me about $100 per visit. I like cheap things as much as anyone, but the service provided by the VCA pays for itself.

I would highly recommend the VCA Veterinary Hospital for anyone living in the area or visiting Ocean City in the summer and in need of an excellent veterinary facility.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292202301621129/k2311a0222/2.22.08