Rival 6-Quart Smart Pot Crock Pot
  • It is such a convenient way to cook, and we use it all the time
  • Another problem I sometimes have involves cleaning the lid
  • I think you can find a better model out there

• by EmCa11

This is a great way for us to make stew, chili, soups, pasta and sauces. It is such a convenient way to cook, and we use it all the time.

The touchpad is programmable and you can use it on four different settings. You can cook on the high temperature setting and select the cooking time for either four or six hours. You can also cook on the low setting and choose the eight or ten hour cooking time. The

low setting is great for the times when you will be gone all day. I can just throw everything in the pot first thing in the morning. By the time I get home from work, our meal will be hot and ready to eat.

The interior of the pot is made of heavy stoneware. It removes from the unit so I can place it right on the kitchen table. It makes it really easy to serve from. The lid is ...

• glass, so you can easily check on your food to see if it’s boiling yet. Both pieces are dishwasher safe.

The handles on the side of the pot are alright, but the handle on the lid is horrible! It is metal so of course it gets super hot when I have this crock pot turned on. I always need a pot holder to remove the lid so I can stir the food. Why on earth couldn’t they have made it

out of a heat resistant plastic? Another problem I sometimes have involves cleaning the lid. Sauce can easily get trapped between the glass and the metal rim along the edges. Even after soaking the lid and scrubbing really hard, I see some staining remains.

I think you can find a better model out there. This is model SCVP600-W that was $49.99. We probably won’t replace it though until something breaks or just stops working for us. For your basic crock pot, this does just fine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532202301591129/k2311a0222/2.22.08