SCAM:PAYPAL SPOOFS  » Scam  »
0.5
  • This spoof email wanted to know all my Paypal information, including my password

• by covenly1
      We are getting more and more into buying things on line, and most especially, using Paypal. I receive what are called ’spoofs’, by Paypal, over 3 times a day. These spoofs are very dangerous for you to answer at ALL!

The spoofs that come to me, look entirely as if Paypal sent them, except they do not address me by my name.

These spoofs that I have been getting, ask me if I have been traveling out of the country, as somone as been using my Paypal account who IS out of the country. These are not really from Paypal.

Still, the first time I

received one, I worried. I worried, “who is using my Paypal account?!”.

I checked my Paypal account, looked at what had been purchased, and found it all in order. Then, I wrote to PayPal to ask if they had changed the way ’[email protected]’ writes to me.

Quickly, I received an email telling me that this was what is called spoof email, and NOT, under any circumstances to fill out the form that the spoof email had on it!

So, I really checked out what it was that the spoof email was asking. This spoof email wanted to know all my Paypal information, including my password!

• Thank goodness, I did not fill out any of these!

Remember, these spoof emails look really believable.

They are scary when first read. It COULD be someone out of the country using my email.

Who KNOWS what hackers can do, thse days! So, remember, it is important to send your spoof emails TO paypal, as they are trying to track down who is sending them! If the email does not address you by your given name, you know it isn’t from Paypal. Just send it to Paypal, and help them figure out where these are coming from.

I shudder to think of all the people

who may have answered these spoofs, and, thereby, given up their passwords, and every way for that ‘person’ sending the phony emails total ability to USE their Paypal account. Do not be fooled.

Be extra cautious. Never give out your social security number, your bank numbers, your debit or credit card numbers, and keep every password you have a BIG secret!

Don’t lose your money because someone is tricky enough to make the email seem to actually come from Paypal! Look for your real name, to start, and see if this email is asking for all those ’secrets’ you don’t want anyone to have access to! This is very important!

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 60120130150331/k2311a0112/1.12.06