Farouk Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum Oil  » Cosmetics  »
  • My hairdresser said it was the most amazing product for your hair and skin
  • Shopping in SAMS Club a few week later, to my great joy, I found a package set of Biosilk consisting of regular Biosilk lotion, shampoo and the silk therapy oil I tried at the salon and only $30.00
  • Some might feel that the scent is a little strong but I don't think it is

• by Mary Hofmann

I was getting a haircut at my local salon when I first tried this product. My hairdresser said it was the most amazing product for your hair and skin. She pulled out this bottle and told me to hold out my hand. She put one tiny drop in my hand and told me to rub the oil in my hands like it was lotion. The feel of this product was like nothing I ever felt before out of a lotion or any liquid. It actually felt like silk on my skin and had a very pleasant smell.

She then proceeded to put some of this in my hair, less than a dime in size, and she told me

it would keep my hair silky soft and shiny without being oily. Still marveling at the feel of this product on my skin, I didn’t doubt her. My hand wasn’t greasy like ordinary moisturizing lotions leave my skin. She told me that because you use just a tiny bit of this product at a time, a bottle lasts close to forever. This product was amazing.

So as soon as I got home, I went shopping online. To my horror, one 11 oz bottle ran from $30 - $45. Way beyond my budget for a bottle of any beauty product of any kind no matter how good. So I went into my bargain shopping mode. Still, couldn’t find ...

• this product any cheaper which is unusual for my bargain shopping skills. So I had to give it up. I would have to wait until the price came down (which would probably be a long wait considering the popularity of this product).

Shopping in SAMS Club a few week later, to my great joy, I found a package set of Biosilk consisting of regular Biosilk lotion, shampoo and the silk therapy oil I tried at the salon and only $30.00! I swiped this up and into my cart and was very happy.

After months, the lotion is gone as well as the shampoo but this 11 oz bottle of silk therapy serum is only one quarter of the way gone

and I use it the most. I also gave a tiny jar bottle to my niece. I ended up buying her a set for her birthday which she just loved.

I cannot stop raving about this product. Not only for your hair but for your skin. The feel is so unique and soft. Your significant other will love the feel also as well as the scent. Some might feel that the scent is a little strong but I don’t think it is. It you don’t like perfumey odors, you might want to steer clear of this product.

Tip: Shake the oil/serum before the oil settles a bit and it becomes a little watery on the top.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312102300970629/k2311a0221/2.21.08