Hamilton Island  » Travel  »
Hamilton Island, QLD, Australia
  • As this is one of my favourite places and I usually wouldnt say a bad thing about this stunning island

• by eturner14

Do you dream of sunbaking on white sandy beaches, whilst being served cocktails?

I know I do… For the past five years I have been going to and from one of the most beautiful holiday destinations, Hamilton Island. Located in the Whitsunday Islands on the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Queensland in Australia. Hamilton Island caters for everyone.

It has four lots of resort style accomadation, the Reef View Hotel,

the Whitsunday Apartment, the Beach Club and Palm Bungallows. The Apartments where most families stay as they are self-contained and family friendly. The Reef View Hotel where couples and singles stay as it has its own restaurant and the compass lounge. The Beach Club is the most expensive of the Islands Accomodation which has the beach right at its door step, an exclusive pool and restaurant. Then theres the Bungallows which ...

• I would say is where everyone that wants a cheap alternative would stay.

As this is one of my favourite places and I usually wouldnt say a bad thing about this stunning island. However on my last holiday over there in July 2007 I was shocked to see the development of a new Night Club, and Pub on my once quiet secluded Island.

I understand that it attracts a younger crowd, and

possibly more tourists but was it really necassery? I loved this island because it was such a good family destination, what parent would like to be sitting eating fish and chips with their kids in the marina on a friday night with girls in skanky outfits walking around causing un necassery attention?

Unfortunatley it means we may be holidaying in a new destination from now on, so long to my beautiful strip of paradise!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382102300840629/k2311a0221/2.21.08