Alba Botanica Sugar Cane Body Polish
1.0
  • I bought this one after hearing a lot of glowing reviews about it
  • However, I totally disagree with those because I disliked this product
  • First, when I opened the the big tub, I noticed that the beads were some small sugar crystal suspended through out the polish
  • I was happy to see that there wasn't a little layer of oil on the top like as many other sugar oil scrubs I've tried before so I though «Hum, the texture is looking very great»
  • Immediately after that, I threw my jar in the garbage and my experience with this product ended there

• by jobinsocket

I bought this one after hearing a lot of glowing reviews about it. However, I totally disagree with those because I disliked this product. First, when I opened the the big tub, I noticed that the beads were some small sugar crystal suspended through out the polish.

I was happy to see that there wasn’t a little layer of oil on the top like as many other sugar oil scrubs I’ve tried before so I though

«Hum, the texture is looking very great». I really appreciated the delicious smell, it was a so warm mix of brown sugar and vanilla.

The good parts ended there. I found the sugar beads did a real bad exfoliating job.

Plus, this product left an oily and sticky residue on my skin that stayed on me even after I washed it two times. I was feeling so uncomfortable like if I was stick to my clothes.

...

• But, the worst part came later. After having this body scrub for about 3 weeks, I was in my shower prepared to use it.

Then, when I put it on me my nose noticed something smelling like rotten milk. I realized that it was my scrub because when I took at the texture, I noticed it was different than habitually.

This product contains no preservatives because it has almost all natural ingredients. So, I believe all

the hot steam of bath tub made it got rotten since I was letting my scrub jar near my bath.

I found this very disgusting because it was like if I was rubbing mucous mixed with sugar on my skin…Horrible!!! Immediately after that, I threw my jar in the garbage and my experience with this product ended there. I have been so repelled by it that I don’t even want to get near this product anymore…Herk!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312002300460729/k2311a0220/2.20.08