Schubergs Bar/Restaurant Big Rapids, MI
109 N Michigan Ave, Big Rapids, MI

• by myotherair

I am a student here in Big Rapids, MI. This town is pretty small and if you want to go out for food there aren’t that many options outside of standard fast food places. I have found that Schubergs bar/restaurant downtown is a fantastic place though.

They are different from the standard chain sit-down restaurants. They really have a more local and genuinely friendly atmosphere.

I

love the food, I’ve tried several different dishes and have never felt disappointed by my choice. Everything is cooked well and is fresh.

They have a good menu selection and very decent prices. I don’t really drink, but I know they also have an excellent bar staff and brew some of their own beer.

It is a great place to go with a group of friends,

• or just with a loved one. They have a variety of seating options so you can be at a window looking at downtown, at the bar, a table, a booth, in the middle or more secluded spots.

I find it interesting to go there and look around. They have fun decorations and have a wall of their licenses, dating back to the 30’s.

You know their

good if they have been around that long! My only complaint is that it is kind of small, so it can get packed easily. Generally not a problem though!

Overall, I love this restaurant.

Great food and great service. They are in a nice, downtown location and are a good change of pace from the average ‘chain’ restaurants.

Check it out if you are ever in Big Rapids!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71902299710629/k2311a0219/2.19.08