Caribbean Beach Resort Walt Disney World  » Hotels  »
2.5
Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista
  • Caribbean Beach Resort is not an awful hotel, but it is not one of the best moderate resorts on property
  • Staff seemed friendly enough, that was never an issue, and they always were there when we needed help with our bags

• by Lynn

I have worked and vacationed at Walt Disney World Resorts in Orlando, Florida. This review will be over one of their ‘moderatley’ priced resorts, ‘Caribbean Beach Resort’. I have worked in the Deluxe hotels, stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Coronado Springs, as well as several others. I am very familier with Walt Disney World; it is literally a second home to me.

My mother and I went in late August, the August that Hurricane Charley swept through Orlando and the parks closed. Caribbean Beach Resort is not an awful hotel, but it is not one of the best moderate resorts on property.

The room is of decent size, and is a regular room; ours with two beds. There is a ‘beach-y’ theme decor. Perhaps the reason I feel this hotel does not do Disney justice is because for 1 day no one was allowed to leave grounds, and the food courts were constantly packed because of the hurricane. So this is really not Disney’s fault, and they did get the grounds good and clean after the hurricane, which really was magic. Mom and I were amazed.

However, there is a LOT of walking. If you have little ones, this is not one of the best ...

• resorts to stay at. It is not easy to go to the food court and get something to take it back to the room. While there is ample parking if you rent a car, the restraunt areas are forever away from your rooms and the bus stops were never nearby. You must be in decent shape to stay at this resort. Staff seemed friendly enough, that was never an issue, and they always were there when we needed help with our bags. When the food court was not packed it was nice, and the shops are fun to look at. The
        price isn’t bad, and I read on one of the Disney boards from a writer that this was their first attempt at a ‘moderate’ resort.

When I stay at a Disney resort I am usually taken away by the decor and theme. I just didn’t feel that this resort ‘took me away’. It is not awful, but I would not stay again because of all the walking, and the decor to me was not what a Disney hotel should be. Try Coronado Springs instead, yes there is a lot of walking there as well, but it seems to be a more enjoyable resort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21602299310129/k2311a0216/2.16.08