STD Flea Market Springfield MO
Springfield, MO
  • The service is good, however if you buy a piece of furniture you're on your own, I have never ever had anybody help me carry anything out of either one of the buildings

• by mememe

There are two STD Flea Market locations in Springfield, the one down town is located at 505 E. Traffic Way, Springfield, MO, the telephone number is (417) 831-9110. The other location is at 1820 E. Traffic Way, Springfield, MO, the telephone number to that one is (417) 831-6367. STD stands for Springfield Tool and Die, the story behind that is once the owner retired he was left with these huge buildings that he turned into flea markets.

They are big buildings, drafty and cold in the winter time and hot in the summer time but

they are filled with collectibles, antiques, baseball cards, linens, toys, glassware, crafts, you name it they just might have it.

The STD located downtown has more garage sale type items, each booth renter is responsible for cleaning and organizing their own booth and some of these are so cluttered that it gives a bad name to the flea market. The one that is further east is more organized and has better quality items. I have shopped at both and while the downtown location is junky I do get better deals there so ...

• that is the one I tend to shop the most.

The service is good, however if you buy a piece of furniture you’re on your own, I have never ever had anybody help me carry anything out of either one of the buildings.

If you want to rent space I’d advise you to get on the list as sometimes the turnover is quite slow and other times they call you within a few weeks. I’ve sold in the downtown location twice, I did okay there but I didn’t take any expensive things

to sell. I make more money with junk than I do with nice quality items so the downtown location is a great place to get rid of items that you’ve had for quite awhile. Another good thing about STD is you don’t have to give a notice if you are moving out, it’s courteous if you do but not required.

If you enjoy browsing the flea markets or if you are traveling through Springfield and need to kill some time you’ll want to try both STD Flea Markets. I’ve found quite a few bargains at both.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 241602299260129/k2311a0216/2.16.08