Sony Ericsson K800i Phone
  • One of my favourite functions on the phone is a piece of software called Facewarp, which lets you mess about with face pictures of people so you can make them have a small nose, big head (you have to see it to understand really, but needless to say I'm easily pleased
  • I think Facewarp is on some others if not all modern Ericsson phones but as this is the first I've had I'm not 100% sure
  • You can download them though but at a cost of course
  • I really want to upgrade to the iPhone when my contract's up, but for now this one will do me just fine and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to change their phone

• by Christopher Mooney

The Sony Ericsson K800i is a really good phone. I’ve had it for about 6 months now and chose this one because it seemed the most feature-rich phone on offer at the time. I tend to do quite a lot of research when the time comes to upgrade, and only tend to get a phone that is free to upgrade to (which this one was).

From the research I did, if the Ericsson models have a ‘K’ in front of the model code then this means it has a better camera than walkman, and if it has a ‘W’ then it’s the other way around. As I’ve got my iPod for listening to music, I wasn’t too worried about the walkman side of

things although you can get a separate memory card for the phone, which means you can store loads of songs on it anyway. I much more wanted to have a really good quality camera in my pocket as I don’t know about you, but I don’t tend to carry my proper digital one with me at all times! The camera is 3.2 mega pixels, which at the time of when I got it was pretty top of the range for the majority of mobiles (apart from the really expensive ones of course). The quality of it is really clear and it has a flash function if the lighting isn’t very good.

One of my favourite functions on the phone is a ...

• piece of software called Facewarp, which lets you mess about with face pictures of people so you can make them have a small nose, big head (you have to see it to understand really, but needless to say I’m easily pleased!). I think Facewarp is on some others if not all modern Ericsson phones but as this is the first I’ve had I’m not 100% sure. I usually have Nokia’s, or when I’ve tried something different I tend to go back to them, although I think I’d be quite happy to stick with Ericsson if the phone was like this one.

I only have a couple of small complaints about the phone. The first is that I find the buttons are

a bit too small for my fingers. I think they are more suited to, dare I say it, a females more delicate fingers. I soon got used to it though, even if I have to claw my fingers up when texting! The other thing is that there absolutely no games on it when I got it, which was a first for me. Normally, any phones I’ve had have come with at least Snake, but nada on this one. You can download them though but at a cost of course.

I really want to upgrade to the iPhone when my contract’s up, but for now this one will do me just fine and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to change their phone.

Sony Ericsson K800i Phone

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371602299240129/k2311a0216/2.16.08