Almond pie recipe  » Recipes  »
  • People who taste this pie usually think I bought it from a pastry store or I had it done by an expert cook

• by mimosa

This is a really easy recipe that I usually prepare in 10 minutes when I have an unexpected guest or a last minute “pot luck” inviation. People who taste this pie usually think I bought it from a pastry store or I had it done by an expert cook. I usually get a lot of compliments about it and boy this makes me happy!

So here is what you will need to make

this wonderful pie:

- 200 grams flour

- 100 grams unsalted butter or margarine

- 100 grams confectioner sugar

- 2 egg yolks

pinch of salt

- 1tsp of lemon zeste

For the filling you’ll need:

- 200 grams confectioner sugar

- 150 finely ground almond

- 2 egg whites

- 1 1/2 TSB of thin semolina flour

- lemon zeste

- 80 grams of any fruit jelly

To prepare the dough you’ll need to mix the sugar, butter, and the yolks. Add the salt, the ...

• zeste and the flour then mix the ingredients together untill you get a soft dough that you shape as a ball, you cover with plastic film and let stand in at room temperature.

Meanwhile, prepare the filling by mixing the eggwhites with a food processor until they double in volume. Add the salt, the sugar, the semolina and the almonds into the eggewhites.

Put the dough in one big pie pan or individual pie pans

and add the filling onto the dough. Put the pan in a preheated oven (350)

Let the pie cook for about 20 minutes or until it becomes brownish.

When the pie is cooked, add the jelly on its surface and add some confectioner sugar for decoration.

And voila, the pie is ready. I hope you enjoy making this pie as much as I do and mostly, I hope you enjoy eating it as much as I do!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 491502299141129/k2311a0215/2.15.08