Nokia 6300  » Phones  »
  • My first impression was that this phone was much smaller and slimmer than my previous one, which was definitely good as I found it much easier to slip into my pocket, without it causing an unsightly bulge
  • All in all, I think this is a great phone and it has a nice, large and very sharp screen

• by Henry Tucker

I recently got a free Nokia 6300 mobile / cellular phone when I asked my mobile / cellular phone service provider for an upgrade from my previous phone.

without it causing an unsightly bulge! But, I thought, there surely couldn’t be as many features on this phone, if it was so much smaller.

Well, how wrong I was. The Nokia 6300 came with a better camera (2MP. It also has a built-in FM radio and can play videos, which my previous phone didn’t have.

I didn’t find the e-mail ...

• and web browser features that it came with quite so good, though. They weren’t absolutely terrible… just a bit lunky to use. So I downloaded Yahoo Go, to use as the e-mail client, and Opera Mini to use as my web browser. I found them much better than the OEM software. Both these packages are available for free download.

All

in all, I think this is a great phone and it has a nice, large and very sharp screen.

Do I have any real disappointment regarding this phone. Well, i suppose I do miss the QWERTY keyboard that was on my previous phone and which made sending e-mails and SMS messages much faster. But, I suppose, you can’t have everything!

Nokia 6300

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 371302298250629/k2311a0213/2.13.08