The Bourne Supremacy  » Movies  »
  • I have to agree with this when it comes to the second installment of the Jason Bourne series, The Bourne Supremacy
  • They say books are usually better than the movies, and with the lack of action in this movie, I think I could like it better if I used my imagination
  • I like all three of these movies, and put them all together, I love the series

• by Joshua

There’s rarely a sequel to a Hollywood blockbuster that lives up the original in any way. I have to agree with this when it comes to the second installment of the Jason Bourne series, The Bourne Supremacy. Though it’s still good, I can’t say that it holds a candle to the first.

Bourne’s love interest in the first movie, the Bourne Identity, Franka Potente, is killed within five minutes of the movies

start. For the rest of the movie, Bourne seems to be on some revenge kick more than he is just trying to find who he is.

I guess in the scheme of the second movie, it works out well. I just happen to not like it as much.

Bourne was content with living the mystery as long as they (the CIA) left him alone. He was in a foreign country with his ...

• girlfriend and thought the chase was over.

Of course, you can’t let sleeping dogs lie, that’s the first rule of good movie making. This is one instance where I wish I was a fan of the Bourne series books.

They say books are usually better than the movies, and with the lack of action in this movie, I think I could like it better if I used my imagination.

It’s still good because

it is following the story and Bourne learns more about himself.

I guess I was just spoiled on the first movie and expected more hard core fighting and killing. After all, it is an action movie first and mystery second, or so I thought.

I like all three of these movies, and put them all together, I love the series. The second, the Bourne Supremacy, is just the runt of the litter.

The Bourne Supremacy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111202297710729/k2311a0212/2.12.08