Walt Disney World Coronado Springs Resort  » Hotels  »
Walt Disney World Resorts, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
  • Coronado Springs is by far my favorite resort, and I have worked at all the 'Deluxe' resorts at Disney and stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • That says something about their customer service -- we originally had a room overlooking the parking lot and they were not full, so they offered us an upgrade at no additional charge
  • However, the look and feel of this hotel really take you away with what they call their 'Southwestern' style
  • As much as I loved Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort, I keep wanting to come back to stay at this one

• by Lynn

I have vacationed at Walt Disney World, and lived and worked at Walt Disney World. I love everything about Disney. Coronado Springs is by far my favorite resort, and I have worked at all the ‘Deluxe’ resorts at Disney and stayed at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.

What makes this resort so great is that it has good rates, beautiful grounds and a lot of room. Once you get to the lobby, you will find beautiful murals on the ceiling with what they call a ‘Southwest’ flavor. If you explore fully, you will find an incredible food court called the Pepper Market. This is kind of an open air market where you go to different stalls and choose what you want. That aspect can be a pain, as

you sometimes have to fight your turn to get to the front, but the food is well worth the wait, and there are a lot of choices. Even the pickiest eater can have their plain cheese pizza or macaroni and cheese.

Once you get out of the main area with the eateries and shops, you see a large expansion. There is a beautiful lake you can rent boats on, several swimming pools and great walking paths. There are several areas for the rooms, and our room actually faced MGM studios where we got to watch fireworks from Fantasmic every night!! That says something about their customer service — we originally had a room overlooking the parking lot and they were not full, so they offered us an ...

• upgrade at no additional charge! It really made our trip.

The hotel rooms are really nothing special, they are more standard hotel rooms, but they are comfortable. You can sometimes hear screaming children from other rooms so bring something to cover your ears at night, but it’s not that bad. Honestly I have only heard that one night, and the resort is what is called a ‘convention’ resort so there will be a lot of adults there.

However, the look and feel of this hotel really take you away with what they call their ‘Southwestern’ style. The lighting at night is beautiful, and at the swimming pool they have a volcano type thing that has a water slide and is fun to look at. They

have decorated everything to a T, and the landscaping is incredible, and you feel like you have really gotten away just taking a walk along the pool. As much as I loved Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian Resort, I keep wanting to come back to stay at this one.

I remember the ambiance from the decor, the bright colors, the landscaping, and the great food at Pepper Market. Not to mention, it is Disney without being overly Disney. If you look hard enough you can find the Hidden Mickey’s, but they won’t overwhelm you, so you can feel like you’re resting from the parks. If you only have money to stay at a mid priced resort please, this one will give you the Deluxe feel you crave.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21202297490629/k2311a0212/2.12.08