Parry Lodge Kanab Utah  » Hotels  »
89 East Center Street, Kanab, Utah 84741
  • We were trying to avoid the chain hotels, so decided to try this one
  • Finally, breakfast in the morning was delicious (I think they charged $3-4
  • If you're in the area, definitely consider staying there

• by myotherair

My sister and I took a trip out west to Utah. We were doing some site-seeing and working at an animal shelter, Best Friends Animal Society. Pulling into Kanab, we had a reservation at a local motel.

To make a long story short, we weren’t treated well and it didn’t meet what we expected, so we left. We drove through town and saw the Parry Lodge, a smaller local hotel.

We were trying to avoid the chain hotels, so decided to try this one. We LOVED it!! The people who worked at the Parry Lodge were extremely kind and polite.

They were happy to have us and treated us like friends. The hotel was beautiful, authentic, rustic, and beautiful! The room was a nice size for a very reasonable price, around $60 for a queen size bed.

The pool was ...

• fantastic, heated and a good size. The hot-tub was great after a long day of working and hiking.

The hotel was also located in the downtown area, so we were able to walk through the town a bit too. They also have quite the movie heritage, a lot of westerns were shot in the area and many stars stayed at the hotel, so it was fun to look around.

And

they had a big barn that played free old westerns in the evenings, which is a great way to get into the ‘out west’ mentality. Finally, breakfast in the morning was delicious (I think they charged $3-4?).

Lots of variety in the food and beverage, great wait staff. So, overall, I say great location, great amenities, great staff, enjoyable visit.

If you’re in the area, definitely consider staying there!! Loved it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21102296820629/k2311a0211/2.11.08