Magic Bullet blender
  • When I first came to the United States, I thought I would have no problem finding the right blender/grinder required for my ethnic Asian cooking
  • Little did I know then that the local grocery store would be stocked with ready-to-use herbs and spices, thereby eliminating the need for grinders that ground roasted nuts, spices and much-needed meat
  • But watching the infomercial a few more times, I thought I would give it a try
  • One of the features I love is the party mug

• by if2morrowcomes

When I first came to the United States, I thought I would have no problem finding the right blender/grinder required for my ethnic Asian cooking. Little did I know then that the local grocery store would be stocked with ready-to-use herbs and spices, thereby eliminating the need for grinders that ground roasted nuts, spices and much-needed meat. For a year I made do with a blender and a coffee grinder, but I was still searching for something better.

Then, I chanced upon the infomercial for the “Magic Bullet”. As with all infomercials, my first thoughts were, “it’s too good to be true”. But watching the infomercial a few more times, I thought I would give it a try.

The “Magic Bullet” is an unpretentious little food processor that takes up space no more than

that taken up by a can. The 21 piece Magic Bullet system consists of

• 4 Party mugs with lip comfort rings

• Magic bullet recipes book

• Blender

• Juice Extractor.

If you love to grind your own spices like cinnamon, cardamom, toasted nuts or grind meats for making kebabs then magic bullet will make your life so much easier. I have had it for over a year and it is the most used appliance on my kitchen counter. I have made smoothies, baby food, kebabs, salads, desserts and much more.

The cross blade is used for grating, chopping, blending cheeses, milkshakes, meats and onions while the flat blade is used for grinding spices like cinnamon and whipping cream. One of the features I love is ...

• the party mug. I can add all my ingredients in the cup, screw on the cross blade, give it a few pulses and voila! Fresh smoothies ready in seconds. All the cups are microwaveable, so I can reheat drinks like hot chocolate later without using a single extra utensil. The “Magic bullet 10 second recipe book” does provide many fresh ideas and all can be prepared in 10 seconds or less.

It does eliminate the use of many bowls and utensils, as it says in its infomercial. One can chop, grind, use, and then screw on the stay-fresh lid and store it. The clean-up is a breeze. Just pop it into the dishwasher and it comes out squeaky clean.

What I did not like about the magic bullet are the gaskets. The first one

came loose while I was using the magic bullet and got chopped up in the first week it self. The second one lasted 6 months, and then had the same fate as the first one. I thought about ordering new ones but the cups seem to work fine without them. Another drawback is it does not chop onions as they said it would. And it comes with instructions not to let the torque power base run for more than a minute. So better be careful about that.

All in all, I would give the “Magic Bullet” a 4.7/ 5.0. It really has simplified the way I cook, saving me space and time and finally letting me enjoy my kebabs. It is one of those things which make you wonder, “How did I ever live without it?”

Magic Bullet blender
    m.n.rao says :

sir,Iam planning to buy a 21 ps deluxe model magic bullet blender,the job I want to do with to grind soaked rice and pulses for preparing dosa and idlies.Let me know how practical it would be,as the company suggests not to run the machine for not more than a minute,as generally the grinding itself takes more than 10mins,with conventional heavy duty grinder og Indian make.Pl suggest

Galega says :

What the company is suggesting you to not run it continuously for more than one minute. That is average duration. You can run little bit longer. Give some rest and start again, if required. The catch word here is continuously.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161102296280529/k2311a0211/2.11.08