Camel Snus
  • It had a certain tingly feel about it and was definitely an improvement upon the original
  • It tasted more like a candy than a tobacco product, infact it was delicious

• by kendall kellaway

Camel, a well known American tobacco company, has recently started test-marketing a traditionally Swedish oral tobacco product called snus. Although the product is not (yet) available in my home state, I was able to obtain some while on a recent trip to Florida. I purchased all three flavors: spice, original, and frost.

My first thoughts upon trying the original were not too great. Seeing as I use Swedish snus

on a daily basis, the taste of the American tobacco was not impressive.

While it still had elements of the tea/lemon/salty taste of traditional snus, the poor quality of the tobacco took away from this drastically. The spice was very unique and unlike any flavor I had ever tried previously.

It had a certain tingly feel about it and was definitely an improvement upon the original. When opening the ...

• frost I had no idea what to expect.

The tin gave off a certain minty aroma that made me want to dive in. I was not displeased after using it, but it was very unique.

It tasted more like a candy than a tobacco product, infact it was delicious. I would compare the taste to a vanilla-mint piece of gum.

Another downside to the Camel Snus, aside from the

poor quality tobacco, was the fact that the portions were only 6g vs the traditional 24g. While 6g may be sufficient enough for novice snus users, it was barely enough to suspend my nicotine cravings, let alone fulfill them.

All in all, I would give Camel Snus a 6/10, it’s frost flavor and rather cool packaging make up for some of the slack that the bad American tobacco creates.

Camel Snus
    lonnie johnson says :

I don`t understand why alternitive nicotine products haven`t been produced?all the nicotine products are aimed at quitting smoking,AND are sooo expencive.when I saw the gum I was ecited because now I could get a nic dose while I ride my motorcycle with a full face helmet Come on people A cheap gum,lolly pop,nose spray, what ever else can be invented to cleverly and safely ingest a dose of nicotine would be cool

Freddy says :

The US kind isn`t half as good as the variant they sell in Europe. For US snus users the REAL Camel is only availible online as far as I know.

bvllets says :

Man you really let this off easy. The spice flavor is unique, but it`s almost as unique as a tobacco product tasting like toothpaste frost . I also don`t know why they need to put so much damn sugar in it. Total lack of salt too. This is horrible compared to real snus. It`s even horrible compared to skoal. Not to mention it`s 6 in nyc. What a fckin rip. I`d give it a 2, if that.

steve says :

When does it come out in stores???

chuck says :

the green blue frost IN THE SMALL POUCHES are great the large pouches come apart soon after put in mouth—they are terrible–will never but if i can only get the large size

Casey Murray says :

I bought a can of CAMEL SNUS Mellow and its quite good. Although this is my first time every trying the product, i`m pleased with it. I dip Grizzly on a regular basis and i`m not used to not being able to spit. This is a good product for people who are starting to come into dipping chewing. I`ve been dipping for 3 years now so I would recommend starting out with Camel Snus before going loose with Grizzly, Skoal, etc.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271002295821029/k2311a0210/2.10.08