Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort  » Hotels  »
Walt Disney World Resort, Lake Buena Vista, FL
  • I love planning Disney vacations as much as I like taking them
  • The Casitas is closest to El Centro, the main dining~shopping area, so it was very convenient
  • I believe the deepest section of the Dig Site pool is around five feet deep
  • I would definitely stay at the Coronado Springs resort again
  • I have fond memories of our stay there and would recommend the Coronado Springs Resort to anyone

• by tinkerbell

I love planning Disney vacations as much as I like taking them. There is no greater joy for me, during the planning process, than choosing the resort for our stay.

We have stayed on Disney property about ten times, so I am pretty familiar with the types of amenities each one offers. The fun is in trying them out for ourselves. Yeah!

For this particular trip, we wanted a moderate resort, rather than a value or a deluxe. After doing some research, I chose the Coronado Springs Resort. We had stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, another moderate resort at Disney, but I was unhappy with the bus service to and from the parks. So while Riverside is a pretty place to stay, I was in no hurry to return. I had heard Coronado had decent bus service to and from parks and after staying there, I must say,

that proved to be true, at least in our case.

Another reason for choosing Coronado Springs is because, built around 1997, it is the newest of the four Disney moderate resorts.

I knew three different “villages” make up Coronado Springs. We stayed in the Casitas section and were very happy there. The Casitas is closest to El Centro, the main dining~shopping area, so it was very convenient. It was a hike to the Dig Site with the main pool, though. The Cabanas section is closet to the main pool and the Ranchos section is at the far end of the resort, but not too far from the main pool. All three villages are lovely. I would not hesitate to stay in any of them.

Check-in went swiftly and easily at Coronado. Our Aztec style room was lovely and the grounds were as pretty as the pictures I had seen.

• I will warn you, this resort is huge! There is a lot of walking to be done around the Lake to get to the main pool and El Centro. When it is hot and sunny, the walk can be brutal. When it isn’t stifling hot, though, walking around the lake was very relaxing with the beautiful scenery.

The Dig Site, which boasts a Mayan style Temple with a waterfall, is great fun for the kids. The pool is huge. I believe the deepest section of the Dig Site pool is around five feet deep. There is a really neat water slide that both kids and adults can enjoy. Each village has it’s own quiet pool as well. My biggest complaint about all the pools at Coronado (and other Disney resorts) is the pool water is unrefreshingly warm. I never felt relief from the heat after swimming in the

warm pools at Coronado. In Orlando’s August heat, that cool feeling was sorely missed.

The food court, called the Pepper Market, was not one of my favorite places, but when compared to other Disney resort food courts, the service was not much worse. The food was ok. At the Pepper Market, we went from station to station to order our food. It was sometimes difficult to get the attention of employees to even take our food orders. We did encounter a rather rude employee there too. We usually ate in the theme parks or ordered take-out from Pepper Market, rather than eat there. It is pretty and clean, though.

I would definitely stay at the Coronado Springs resort again. The bright beautiful colors of the Mexican decor are forever etched in my mind. I have fond memories of our stay there and would recommend the Coronado Springs Resort to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2902295170129/k2311a029/2.9.08