Mouse Mover by The Sharper Image  » Housewares  »
  • Recently, I purchased my children pet rats

• by Vistro

My family lived in a new development, with plenty of new lots. Whenever the builder broke ground on a new lot, we would get a surge of field mice in our garage. We received a Mouse Mover as a gift from a relative. We decided to set it up next

to wall that is shared by the garage. We never had a mouse problem again. Once you get past the clicking, it is a very tolerable device, and effective, at least, against mice.

Later that year, we had rats in the kitchen. Let me point out that these were rats, and not mice.

• The Mouse Mover was clicking away, and the rats ignored it.

Recently, I purchased my children pet rats. My oldest decided to bring the rat cage down to near the mouse mover. The movement of the cage startled them and woke them up, but the mouse mover seemed to have no

effect. My son placed the device near the cage, and one rat walked up, bit it, and went back to sleep with her cagemate. There is more proof that rats do not respond to the Mouse Mover.

The mouse mover does what it says it does. Sends mice packing. Rats just don’t care.

Lawrence says :

What about effects of Mouse Mover on Guinea Pig and Hamsters? I noted the pet friendly setting but thought this sounded more related to dogs

Galega says :

Yes, you are right. The pet friendly setting with Mouse Mover is primarily meant for dogs and cats. It may be disastrous for Guinea Pig and Hamsters, depending on the size of your pets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53902295160129/k2311a029/2.9.08