Bacon Cheese Whopper (Burger King)  » Food  »
Old National Hwy (Atlanta, GA)
  • To avoid a grocery store trip, I settled on Burger King
  • One thing that I noticed immediately, is that the burger actually sticks out of the bun
  • Burger King really does have the best burgers in the world

• by Famous

Late nights are tough when your stomach is growling and you realize that you inadvertently skipped dinner. To avoid a grocery store trip, I settled on Burger King. There was a McDonald’s nearby as well.

But I had a taste for “real” beef, charbroiled taste—something that would ultimately satisfy. This time, I passed over my typical choice for a Bacon Cheese Whopper.

It sounds decadent, and it looked even more so, when I removed it from the bag.

One thing that I noticed immediately, is that the burger actually sticks out of the bun.

And the buns that Burger King uses are pretty big. Additionally, the meat smelled as if it had really been cooked in someone’s back yard.

Taking a big bite out of my fast food concoction, I savored the taste. Burger King really does have the best burgers in the world.

(Their fries—now that’s a different story. ) In any event, one thing that I noticed ...

• was that there were huge chunks of iceberg lettuce on my sandwich.

I absolutely cannot stand this. I wish that they would stop being cheap and spring for some other type of lettuce, like green leaf, or even romaine.

It seems that no matter what time of day or night I order one of Burger King’s burgers, there is always a huge hunk of lettuce. Lettuce is always a welcome addition to any burger.

But too much of the iceberg will cut

the taste of the meat and other toppings. I ended up having to drastically downsize my sandwich by surgically removing the huge chunks.

This made it taste much better. The burger itself is huge and incredibly filling.

The good thing about this sandwich also is that in spite of filling me up, I didn’t feel overly bloated or greasy afterwards, the way I often do when I eat at McDonald’s. If you’re looking for a tried-and-true burger, look no further than the King.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27802295090329/k2311a028/2.8.08