Savage Dragonbert
  • To say the least, Savage Dragonbert is an interesting entry into the history of comic books

• by David Freeman

To say the least, Savage Dragonbert is an interesting entry into the history of comic books. It originally started as a piece of fan art in the pages of Savage Dragon by Erik Larsen, and eventually became a regular feature before becoming a special comic book release which included every Savage

Dragonbert comic to be printed (as well as some others).

I have never really gotten into Savage Dragon all that much, however I am a big fan of Scott Adam’s Dilbert. I had read a couple of Savage Dragonbert comic strips in the pages of Savage Dragon, but not too many.

• When I found the Savage Dragonbert special issue, however, I knew I had to have it.

Savage Dragonbert does to the world of comic books what Scott Adams’s Dilbert has done for the world of business. It does it pretty well, too. While a lot of the jokes are dirtier than

you will find in Dilbert, a lot of the same love for puns and trying to stretch the boundaries of any joke are well present. For any fan of comic books, Savage Dragonbert is an excellent little item to pick up. It is one of my favorite comics of all times.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17802294880329/k2311a028/2.8.08