Heroes II Gold
  • I'm casting level 2 spells and my opponent has some of the best spells imaginable

• by Steve

I’ve had Heroes II Gold for my computer for some time now and couldn’t remember why I stopped playing it several months ago. After playing it the past couple of days, I remember; the computer cheats.

OK, you’re probably laughing at that statement. But, it’s not that far from the truth.

The reality is, with Heroes II

Gold, one of two things is going to happen. You’re either going to conquer your game really fast or you’re going to get beaten really fast.

Some levels are easy to win. Others, like Lost Continent are darned near impossible. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong on it, but it seems my armies are ...

• no where near as powerful as my opponents. I’m casting level 2 spells and my opponent has some of the best spells imaginable. And, while I’m struggling to put together one invincible army, my opponents have several.

The computer opponents also like to gang up on you. In many of the levels, I can’t do much

more than defend my castle because, every time I send my army away, another army sneaks in. When I defeat them, another opponent attacks me so I’m always defending and never exploring and conquering.

It’s a very frustrating thing and, if you get angry at games easily, this is not one you are going to want to play.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28802294810329/k2311a028/2.8.08