Grilled Eggplant Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I love grilling options, and that includes eggplant
  • My best solution for that would be to peel the eggplant before you grill it to overcome the problem my mom had
  • This is the best step, which is to grill the eggplant

• by blogger79

Grilled eggplant offer a smoky option to say a rich goat cheese. I love grilling options, and that includes eggplant. My best advice would be to look for eggplants on the slender side, around 3-4 inches in diameter at their widest point. But for instance, my mom felt that the cooked skin of the eggplants to be a little too chewy but some felt that the flesh is tender. My best solution for that would be

to peel the eggplant before you grill it to overcome the problem my mom had.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 big sprig rosemary, finely chopped

3 slender eggplants; around 2 pounds or so

Salt and freshly ground pepper

The first and foremost step for me would be to brush the grill with a bit of oil and after which I start on with the coals. I tend to use the oven and so, preheat the broiler is ...

• an important step. To make the dressing, I whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and also rosemary. Then, I trim and marinate the eggplants. Remove both the ends of the eggplants if that is what you prefer. I then slice into rounds close to 1/2 inch thick and brush both sides of the slices with the dressing.

This is the best step, which is to grill the eggplant. Lay the slices on the grill

and reserve any leftover dressing. Sprinkle everything generously with salt and pepper. Cook until there are dark grill marks on each side and the eggplant is tender to the touch. Keep around 6-8 minutes per side. Keep a spray bottle of water handy to douse any flare-ups. Last but not least, serve the eggplant and arrange the eggplant slices hot off the grill on a serving platter. Serve at room temperature. Love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49802294590329/k2311a028/2.8.08