Chanterelle Mushrooms in Phyllo Cups Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • This is another appetizer that to me is a great one and I love serving my family this whenever I am free
  • So, I solve the problem by adding olive oil to get the nice burning feel and taste

• by blogger79

This is another appetizer that to me is a great one and I love serving my family this whenever I am free. I love cooking them with butter and it kind of adds a nutty flavor because of the high temperature, the butter do melt. So, I solve the problem by adding olive oil to get the nice burning feel and taste.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons dry sherry

Salt and

freshly ground pepper

24 Phyllo Cups

Short and simple ingredients. There are only 3 steps to prepare the chanterelle mushrooms. First off, I clean and trim the chanterelles by brushing off any excess dirt with a towel or pastry brush. If the mushrooms are especially dirty, I quickly rinse them under a running water and let it dry on paper towels. Later, I trim the stem ends and cut the chanterelles into pieces about 1 inch long.

• Next off, saute the chanterelles. As I have mentioned earlier, you would need to heat the butter plus olive oil (my method) over a medium-high heat. When the butter looks foamy and the pan is kind of sizzling hot, add the mushrooms. Toss and stir the mushrooms constantly and try to sear the entire surface of each piece. Saute until the chanterelles take on a nice caramel color.

Add the thyme and sherry. You will need to lower

the heat to medium and add the thyme and sherry and stir the bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook until the liquid has evaporated around 1 minute or so. Add salt and pepper to taste and let sit at room temperature a bit before filling the cups. The very last step would be to fill each phyllo cup with around 1 tablespoon of the chanterelles and serve at once. The taste is so delicious, trust me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49802294570329/k2311a028/2.8.08