Quesadillas with Tomatillo Salsa Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • This is a recipe that is taught by my mom and I love trying this out whenever I am bored
  • First of all, preheat your oven up to 400 degrees and I prefer the method of grilling for the quesadillas over coals
  • Lastly, cook the quesadillas with oil and grill it is the best way like I did
  • Later, serve each quesadilla in quarters and top with some delicious tasting Tomatillo Salsa

• by blogger79

This is a recipe that is taught by my mom and I love trying this out whenever I am bored. This recipe uses 6-inch tortillas, not the big burrito size though. The serving is up to 4.

Ingredients needed:

1 cup raw green pumpkin seeds, hulled

Salt

1 teaspoon chili powder or ground chipotle chile

1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds which are toasted and grounded

1 pound yams which are peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice

1/4 cup olive oil

scallions and chopped white and green parts

1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro

8 thick, white corn tortillas (you can also choose to use a regular corn or small flour tortillas)

1 cup grated pepper jack cheese (around 4 ounces or so)

Vegetable oil to cook the quesadillas

Creme fraiche or also creme fraice

Tomatillo Salsa

First of all, preheat your oven up to 400 degrees and I prefer the method of grilling for the quesadillas over coals. Next ...

• off, I mix the spices which include chili powder, cumin and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Later, I roast the yams with around 1 tablespoon of olive oil until everything is fully coated and then I mix with the spice mixture. Remember to put on a baking sheet and roast it until tender up to around 20 to 25 minutes. Afterwhich, remove the dish from the oven and set aside.

You might want to assemble

the quesadillas like I did and spread the yam pumpkin seed mixture among 4 tortillas, since it is roughly for 4 servings. Lastly, cook the quesadillas with oil and grill it is the best way like I did. I cook for about 3-5 minutes and keep at flipping it. Later, serve each quesadilla in quarters and top with some delicious tasting Tomatillo Salsa. This is a simple and sweet dish that you could try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49802294550329/k2311a028/2.8.08